Friday, June 23, 2017

thread catchers and more

Welcome to finish it up Friday!
This week I decided that I needed to make a half-dozen thread catchers (pattern is available here) with the mini charm packs that I picked up at spring quilt market. I wanted to use them before too long, or I knew that I would hoard them until the end of time. (There is enough fabric in that category already! Hahaha!)
I used three different fabric lines: the good life, by Bonnie and Camille, Flower Mill, by Corey Yoder and First Romance by Kristyne Czepuryk of Pretty by Hand. (All by Moda Fabrics.)
I like using mini charm packs for this purpose, because each thread catcher uses 21 squares of fabric, so you can make 2 from one mini charm pack. (Hurray for that!) These will be gifts and door prizes, most likely....if I can let them go!
Last weekend I traveled to Indiana to speak and teach. It was a CRAZY trip in regards to travel, but the students were amazing, so it was totally worth it! My friend Suzanne drove several hours to attend the class and she brought her finished slopes quilt (pattern is in No Scrap Left Behind) for show and tell. Isn't it fabulous? She busted a whole lot of scraps and made it a twin size. Thanks, Suzanne, for letting me share your quilt! It's so fun to see quilts being made from the patterns in the book.

That's it for me today! Please link up your finishes for the week. Thank you for joining me for finish it up Friday!

10 comments:

Melissa Corry said...

Those thread catchers are just to cute for words!!! What a great use of that fun moda candy ;)

Alison V. said...

Those are so cute! I just got your book for my birthday so I am excited to start on one of the quilts as my next scrappy project! :) :) :)

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Amanda,
Cute thread catchers! I need to make something as a token gift for a baby shower for my niece - maybe these would be appreciated. They sure are CUTE - who wouldn't find something to use it for . . . If anyone has suggestions, I sure am open to hear them. ~smile~
Roseanne

Lorna McMahon said...

What a great way to use those pretty new charm packs! And how nice that you can get two from each pack. That's a lot of lucky door prize winners. Suzanne's slopes quilt is beautiful and she looks so happy!

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

Cute 'lil thread catchers! Thanks for hosting.

Kay said...

Love the sweet baskets, they would make lovely presents filled with thread etc. x

Unknown said...

Great idea on how utilize the charm packs! You're right, I have a few of them and thinking what to do .... I'm glad I follow your blog all the time! Thanks for sharing🌺🌺🌺

Patty said...

Love little baskets like that with mini charms!

Hedy said...

Lovely thread catcher. Mine was a gift years ago and it has a sand bag to hang over a cabinet or door. I love that quilt that was made from your pattern.

josiekitten said...

Those mini charm packs are gorgeous. They are quite hard to find here, not very many designs available. Yours are so pretty.